Meeting indigenous people and experiencing their rewarding culture, norms and traditions, while exploring their amazing natural environments, will make your journey unforgettable. In northern Tanzania, you will find the Maasai and Chagga tribes, a magnificent valley, rivers, lakes, springs and ridges – all offering a super view point of Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru. Our Cultural Tourism Program Offers:
- Traditional Food. The food will depend on the particular tribe you are visiting. If Chagga tribe, you will eat Machalari, which is their traditional food. It is fresh banana cooked together with beef. If you visit the Maasai, you will eat meat. On request, vegetarian food can be provided.
- Shamba Tour (farm tour). Here you can observe local farmers working in their fields, hoeing the land and keeping their domestic animals.
- Maasai, Chagga and Swahili culture tour, including arts & crafts and traditional dance. You have the opportunity to just watch the dance and arts and crafts or participate.
- Maasai, Chagga and Swahili Survival course, including showing you how people have managed to survive. Learn about the local medicine.
- Nature Hike, where you can hike to the local mountain and see the countryside.
- Study tour, including learning about the lives of the indigenous tribes, what has changed over the years and how the tribes are handling these many changes.
- Historical information (from our museum), where you can learn about Tanzanian life in general.
Rate: $300 per person. This includes transport to the village, food, guide and driver, and the village fee. Tips are appreciated. Additional option: you can stay the night for $50.
Why Choose us
We’ll plan your trip around your specific interests, tastes and preferences, providing helpful tips and honest advice based on first-hand knowledge of the destination.
Tailor Made Safaris
Get a Tailor Made Safari that fits your taste and budget, with the perfect timings for an exceptional experience. Explore the best of Tanzania and Zanzibar
Best Prices Guaranteed
With Local Experience, We give best suggestions that will fit you Time schedule, Type of safari and Accommodations that are quality and fits your budget
CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN SAFARI.
Have you got a unique safari dream? Maybe you’ve got a limited or extended time frame? Maybe you’ve got a special event to plan? Or maybe you’ve got a big group to organise with people of all ages to cater for? Perhaps you’ve a set budget you’d like to stick to? Whatever your circumstances, fear not because We can design a custom trip especially for you. To find out more just get in touch with us telling us as much detail as you can about the special trip you want to organize.
TALK WITH OUR EXPERT
I researched many well known companies to hike Kilimanjaro, I did not feel a connection them until I made contact with Demi. I was seeking a true local authentic experience, Demi natural and genuine. It was very important to me to book with a local...More
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro was the best adventure of my life made safe by Diamond Glacier Adventures. My friend with whom I endeavoured this beautiful but challenging trek, found DGA few years ago. So after a vast research we decided this was a good choice. And...More
Demi, his brother Cony and their team were simply amazing in guiding us to the top of Kilimanjaro! They are professional, they know what they’re doing, and they made us feel safe and in good hands, as we are not experienced mountain climbers. They also...More
I highly recommend Diamond glacier tours for climbing Kilimanjaro. Demi, his brother Cony and all of the crew did an amazing job, and I felt they did all in their power to get us to the top! I went with my partner and they gave...More
Highly recommend Demetrius and his crew for any length climb up Kili. Ours was a 6-day via Lemosho route and I can confidently state that Demetrius is an top-notch guide who has speaks excellent English and has extensively trained with REI guides who have made...More